Member Photo Contest for 2020 Calendar
2020 Co-op Calendar Contest is Open
Give us your best shots! We are once again having a contest to showcase the photography talents of CCEC members’ in our 2020 printed calendar.
A panel of judges will select up to 14 winning photos (one for each month, one for January 2021, and one for the cover).
The deadline is Aug. 15. Judging will be done by the staff of Carolina Country magazine. Winners will be notified in October. Their names’ will be entered into a drawing for a $100 gift card.
Photo Contest Guidelines
Only Carteret-Craven Electric Co-op members may enter the contest. (CCEC employees and their immediate families and spouses are not eligible to enter the contest.)
- Photos must be electronic.
- Photos must capture the beauty of our area. You may submit photos taken in spring, summer, fall and/or winter. The photos must be taken by you, not someone else. The photos are not required to include power lines or CCEC trucks and field crews, but may if you choose.
- One membership (household) may submit up to 5 photos (separate e-mails required), but we may limit each photographer to no more than two winning entries.
- Send photos to email@example.com with “Photo Contest” in the subject line. Photo submissions must include the following information:
- CCEC Account Number
- Where the photo was taken and a description
JPEG digital images
Submit photos taken in CCEC’s service area and closely surrounding areas. We would like to feature seasonal photos, so keep that in mind.
Enter color photos that are appropriately sized for quality printing at 12 inches wide by 9 inches high (300 dpi resolution: minimum resolution of 3,600 pixels by 2,700 pixels). Set your camera on your phone or other device to “high quality.”
Only horizontal pictures will be accepted. Vertical photos will be eliminated.
Image must be an original you own.
Scenic photos preferred. However, if individuals are identifiable in your photo, you must obtain the permission of anyone depicted for the photograph to be published in the calendar.
DEADLINE: August 15, 2019
Email your questions to Communications Director Lisa Galizia at firstname.lastname@example.org